Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Naitmalek Youssef <na...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/08 14:56:35 UTC

help on using Apache SAMOA with Apache Storm

Hi,

I'm new to Apache SAMOA, and I want to use it to do some ML on a data
stream coming from an already submitted Storm topology.
I just want to know what should I do to link my topology to SAMOA, I
already looked at the documentation, but, it would be helpful if you
provide me with some guidance or some link to an example.

thanks in advance,

best regards;

--
*Youssef **Nait Malek*

Re: help on using Apache SAMOA with Apache Storm

Posted by Nicolas Kourtellis <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naitmalek,

Thanks for your interest in Apache Samoa!

To help you with your question, maybe you can provide some more details on
this?

For example, have you created a Storm topology outside Samoa and it is
producing results that you want to feed it as input into a Samoa topology?

If that is the case, maybe you can try the Kafka connectors we have been
testing. I think they haven't been released yet in the last version, but you
should be able to find the PR available and test it.

On the other hand, if you have built the Samoa on top of Storm (i.e., the
topology you refer to that you have built is actually within Samoa),
then to "link" the Samoa with that topology you need to use the connector
of Samoa for Storm.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

--