Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ya...@bgilmer.com on 2007/01/05 23:17:40 UTC

Which plugins are running?

Hello list,

First, thanks to the gurus who have worked so hard on SA.  I feel
like I have gained a new life now that the spam has slowed to a
trickle.  I have read a lot of the documentation on the wiki site,
but am still not sure if I have my initial configuration
optimized.  (Actually, I get the feeling lurking on the list for a
bit that optimization is an ongoing project).  spamassassin --lint
yields no output at all, so I guess I do not have any lint.  Per the
wiki page, I am running spamd and spamc rather than running
spamassassin.  I am running FreeBSD 6.1., and spamassassin -V yields
SpamAssassin version 3.1.7 and running on Perl version 5.8.8.

Question - how do I tell if network plugins are working?

I am not seeing any mention in headers of Razor or Pyzor.  I have
looked for logs for these apps, and have not found anything.  I am
fortunate to have a machine around which I can play with, and I have
wiped the disk and reconfigured SA four or five times as I learn new
things.  At one point, I specifically ran razor-admin as each user,
and this created files in the user directory which contained lists of
razor servers.  But the last time I wiped the disk, I decided to just
see what the standard FreeBSD port installation would do.  It appears
to me from the output below, that razor, pizor, RelayCountry and
other stuff is all up and working.  But am I missing something?  Do I
have to use razor-admin for each user anyway?  I am using a sitewide
configuration, so if I do have to use razor-admin, is there a way to
do this site wide rather than for each user?

Here is the relevant parts of the output from spamassassin -D <sample-spam.txt

[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry from @INC
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry=HASH(0x8b0c2b4)
[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL from @INC
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x8b4ab74)
[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash from @INC
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash=HASH(0x8b5e88c)
[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF from @INC
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF=HASH(0x8b7c2a8)
[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor from @INC
[8110] dbg: pyzor: network tests on, attempting Pyzor
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor=HASH(0x8b908bc)
[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 from @INC
[8110] dbg: razor2: razor2 is available, version 2.82
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2=HASH(0x8ba7194)
[8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop from @INC
[8110] dbg: reporter: network tests on, attempting SpamCop
[8110] dbg: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop=HASH(0x8e10f28)

While I am at it, can someone help with this message from the
spamassassin -D <sample-spam.txt output?
[8110] info: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined
dependency 'DCC_CHECK'

Thanks in advance for your help, and if this is all listed in a wiki
page somewhere, feel free to flame away and then please point me to it.

John

Re: Which plugins are running?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 05:17:40PM -0500, yahoojunk@bgilmer.com wrote:
> Question - how do I tell if network plugins are working?
>
> I am not seeing any mention in headers of Razor or Pyzor.  I have
> looked for logs for these apps, and have not found anything.
[...]
> see what the standard FreeBSD port installation would do.  It appears
> to me from the output below, that razor, pizor, RelayCountry and
> other stuff is all up and working.  But am I missing something?  Do I
> have to use razor-admin for each user anyway?  I am using a sitewide

You need to create a razor account if you want users to report/revoke mails.
Otherwise, no.

> configuration, so if I do have to use razor-admin, is there a way to
> do this site wide rather than for each user?

You can probably make a site "user" and point everyone's razor configs there,
etc.  But that's a) probably bad, b) a painful kluge, and c) more of a razor
issue (see the razor-users list).

> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry=HASH(0x8b0c2b4)
> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x8b4ab74)
> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash=HASH(0x8b5e88c)
> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF=HASH(0x8b7c2a8)
> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor=HASH(0x8b908bc)
> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2=HASH(0x8ba7194)

Ok, all of these plugins got loaded.

> [8110] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop from @INC
> [8110] dbg: reporter: network tests on, attempting SpamCop
> [8110] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop=HASH(0x8e10f28)

fwiw, the SpamCop plugin is about reporting to SpamCop and not using their
DNSBL service.

> While I am at it, can someone help with this message from the
> spamassassin -D <sample-spam.txt output?
> [8110] info: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined
> dependency 'DCC_CHECK'

It means you don't have the DCC plugin loaded, which is fine, if you're not
using DCC.  It's informational, not an error.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Hanging out in a Barnes & Noble bookstore and leaning on the UNIX shelves is