Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by James Bates <ja...@amplexor.com> on 2002/05/06 14:30:58 UTC

Question about query service in XML-RPC services

When writing the XML:DB Query services, it is necessary to determine the document id
of each node in the resultant NodeSet, as this is required by the ResourceSet interface.

To do this I'd like to modify what the Query XML-RPC message returns: I'd like it to stick each result in a separate result element, that would contain the name of the resource in an attribute.

Would anyone object if I therefore extended the message a bit so as to do this when I fill in appropriate result format parameters (which I will need to invent)?

James