Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by K Srinivas <ks...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/09/29 11:44:05 UTC

writing logs into multiple files

Hi,

currently i am writing the whole of the logs of my
application into a single log file.

I want to write the logs into different log files
based
on the log level.  or the package level (meaning
classes
in the same package will write to a single log file).
Hence if i have 5 packages in my application, i should

write the logs into 5 log files

can any one please give me a solution for the same?

Thanks in advance
srinivas

Re: writing logs into multiple files

Posted by Antoine TYNEVEZ <at...@patrimoine.com>.
I think you might write something like that  :

<appender name="FILE_APP_DEBUG" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
        <param name="File" value="C:/MyDirectory/MyFile" />
        <param name="Append" value="false" />
             <param name="ConversionPattern" value="Your
Layout"/>
        </layout>
         <filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.*LevelMatchFilter*">
             <param name="*LevelToMatch*" value="DEBUG"/>
             <param name="AcceptOnMatch" value="true"/>
         </filter>
    </appender>

and so on for INFO, WARN, ERROR and FATAL

hope it could help

Antoine

K Srinivas a écrit :

>Hi,
>
>currently i am writing the whole of the logs of my
>application into a single log file.
>
>I want to write the logs into different log files
>based
>on the log level.  or the package level (meaning
>classes
>in the same package will write to a single log file).
>Hence if i have 5 packages in my application, i should
>
>write the logs into 5 log files
>
>can any one please give me a solution for the same?
>
>Thanks in advance
>srinivas

*Antoine Tynévez*
/Patrimoine Management & Technologies/