Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 09:48:09 UTC

[Discuss] Holding a Dubbo activity next week.

Hello, community,

I'd like to start a discussion of hosting a Dubbo activity next week, the activity would be called 'Baiji' and most of the participants would expect to be students from college. The activity will mainly include the following three parts: Introduce of The Apache Software Foundation and The Apache Way, Introduction of Dubbo, Contribute to Dubbo: solve issues reported by the community.
In fact, Alibaba is one of the original proponents of Baiji. They think it is very important to have students (going to start an internship in Alibaba) know about the history and importance of Open Source. And considering the great work and success that The Apache Community has achieved in running open source projects and the wide adoption of Apache Dubbo (Incubating) in China, they think that Dubbo can be a good project to start. Notice that this time the participants would be a limited number of students going to start an internship in Alibaba. But STH bigger we can expect is that, with the experience gained here, I think maybe (an idea Ian has also suggested ) we can consider a broader national event that will cover more students, something like GSOC hold by Google every year.

We expect students and the community to have the following benefits:
	• Learn about The Apache Way and bring it back to school.
	• Learn how to participate in an Apache open source project.
	• Learn what is Dubbo, what problems does Dubbo resolve and how it works.
	• Have a chance to contribute to the Apache/Dubbo community.
	• Get more developers involved in the community.

Below are the issues or exercises I have selected for the participants, I think these are suitable for new developers to easily start the journey with Dubbo. This is the part we desperately need your advice, if you've got any issues that are more suitable, please let us know.

* Issues
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1814
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1293
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1054
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/478
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1728
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/2043

* Unit Test
  org.apache.dubbo.remoting.exchange.support.header.HeaderExchangeChannel
  org.apache.dubbo.remoting.exchange.support.header.HeaderExchangeServer

* Blog Translation
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-website/blob/asf-site/docs/zh-cn/user/rest.md

Best regards,
Jun

Re: [Discuss] Holding a Dubbo activity next week.

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
This activity is going to be held at 15:30, Monday Oct. 27th in Alibaba Xixi Campus in Hangzhou.

We are still collecting issues that need clear and are suitable for students.

Best regards,
Jun