Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 14:28:03 UTC

Please help to confirm if I found the right string

Hi

I'm looking for the string "~New..." used in Styles and Formatting(F11) dialog.

 I only found one that matches from pootle, which is

cnttab.src#TP_TOX_SELECT.MB_AUTOMARK.MN_AUTOMARK_NEW.menuitem.text

(i.e. string 14005348 ).

https://translate.apache.org/zh_TW/aoo40/translate/sw/source/ui/index.po#unit=14005348

Considering the string "New" is very generic, is there any one can
help me to confirm that I've found the right target?

Thanks.

Re: Please help to confirm if I found the right string

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 08/07/2014 Hung Mark wrote:
> I felt maybe some kind of overview on that page is missing.
> I'm willing to help, but I'm not a native English speaker. I don't
> have confidence that I can express clearly.
> I also worry about people plagued with my bad grammar usage. ;-D

Nothing in https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide was
written by native English speakers, so don't worry about that! If it is
understandable it is surely good, and language details can be fixed later.

> One extra thing to share here:
> HELP_DEBUG=true  should be HELP_DEBUG=[trueWord]  ( depend on your
> locale. ), where I set HELP_DEBUG=真 in my Windows 7 (ZH-TW).

Sure. Feel free to include that too.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Please help to confirm if I found the right string

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 08:02:24AM +0800, Hung Mark wrote:
> Ariel,
>
> Thanks!
>
> Actually I'm looking for 'more' button. ( another new target! )  I
> observed that in pivot table (calc), the translation of the more
> button changed when I click it.
> It shows one of the two translations when the options below are
> hidden, and shows the other when the options below are shown.

On the en-US version I see the same string, "~More", which looks like
a bug, it should switch between "More" and "Less", but
SV_BUTTONTEXT_MORE and SV_BUTTONTEXT_LESS have the same value in
vcl/source/src/btntext.src

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Please help to confirm if I found the right string

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ariel,

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hmm,

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Hung Mark,

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
The closest match I was able to identify quickly (it's educated, but
still a guess) was:

    #: templdlg.src#RID_STYLECATALOG.BT_NEW.pushbutton.text
    msgid "~New..."

Located at: \...\sfx2\source\dialog.po.

Regards,

Aivaras