Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Wilson Ikeda <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/22 00:49:05 UTC

Re: users Digest 21 Nov 2010 10:48:43 -0000 Issue 4334

"A lot of them would rather die than using Tapestry."

Maybe, but to be honest before adopting tapestry as my framework of choice i google "java frameworks" and the top result was..."wicket" so i tried it first but it was cumbersome, i was looking for a more easy and fast development framework than struts and didn't find any advantages in switching to wicket... until i find tapestry of course, so the point is newbies like me will try wicket first because of google, but how much of them will try other frameworks? If they got a tip "Hey, there's a tapestry IOC for wicket" maybe they will try to find out what tapestry is, on the other side if the Tapestry IOC for Wicket doesn't work correctly or if it's buggy or incompatibiliteis arise it can be a bad propaganda for tapestry...i'm not saying that it doesn't work, i'm saying that they can change things and maybe break the IOC (a very unprofessional, unethical thing to do) but some trolls come and go here and this is unprofessional too so they can do it and probably will do it.