Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by John Lewis <jl...@arcanumintl.com> on 2005/06/22 01:45:42 UTC

Spring Portlet MVC Framework

For those of developing JSR-168 portlets, the Spring Framework has a
Portlet MVC Framework that works very nicely with Pluto.  You can read
more about it all here:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/display/JSR168/Home

There is also a good sample application including a war file
pre-configured for use with Pluto.

This is all beta stuff now, but should be released as part of Spring 1.3
later this year.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments about this.

John Lewis
jlewis@arcanumintl.com

Re: Spring Portlet MVC Framework

Posted by skuttan <sh...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

I have recently started working on Spring Portlets with Pluto.
It would be good to get a step by step configuration required on Pluto to
deploy Spring portlets.

The link mentioned here has not been accessible for a while now.
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/display/JSR168/Home

Is there any other location where I can find the steps (preferably) with a
working example on deploying Spring portlets in Pluto.

Thanks
Shailesh

Not sure if this thread is still active.

Posted by Nick Lothian <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Thanks for the heads up John.

-Scott

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
John,

Thanks! I tried your portlets in Pluto and they worked like a charm! I
have attached copies of my configuration files with the Spring Portlet
records added. To deploy the Spring Portlet App, just replace these files
in pluto/WEB-INF/data with the attached ones, drop the
spring-portlet-sample.war file in the webapps directory and start the
Pluto portal.
/Craig
Craig Doremus
Senior J2EE Application Developer