Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/10 12:47:04 UTC

Configuring 1.4 - multi master setup?

Hi all,

We have a situation where we would like to have
1 Master server (creates the index)
1 input slave server (which receives the updated index from the master)
n slaves (which receive the updated index from the input slave server)

This is to prevent each of the n slaves polling the master server.

a: is this setup possible?
b: has anyone done anything like this, if so do you have any advice?

This is all with 1.4 so we would be using inbuilt/java replication,
not snapshooter/snappuller

Thanks,
Kev

Re: Configuring 1.4 - multi master setup?

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
If the master and slaves are separated by a WAN, sure, but Kev wants
all the slaves to go to a single repeater in order to "reduce
polling", so I doubt this is a WAN issue.

Just trying to keep the configuration simple. Only use a repeater if
you actually need it.

wunder

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.