Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Varghese, Daniel" <da...@hp.com> on 2011/10/11 13:38:36 UTC

Mail Rejects high Score

Hi Guys,

One of the email gets rejected due to high spam score,  Following are the spam score details, Can someone in the group help me to understand the results?

[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1,
        DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, FUZZY_CREDIT=1.678,
        HK_RANDOM_ENVFROM=0.001, HTML_ATTACH=2.438,
        HTML_COMMENT_SAVED_URL=1.391, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, LOTS_OF_MONEY=0.01,
        RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SARE_HTML_SINGLETS=1.666,
        T_REMOTE_IMAGE=0.01]

http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_2_x.html this page doesn't provide the proper interpretation.

Regards - DV

* daniel.varghese@hp.com
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended exclusively for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. You are hereby advised that any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution, or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on the information in this email is strictly forbidden and may be unlawful.

Re: Mail Rejects high Score

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 10/12/2011 1:55 AM, Varghese, Daniel wrote:
> Hi Bowie,
>
> Thank you so much for the details.
>
> Forgot mention one important point in my previous mail, the rejection happens only when I use Yahoo mail. If I send the same mail using any other clients (Hotmail, Google, OL etc) the mail accepts as normal and everything work fine.
>
> So Can I assume that Yahoo client adds something more to the original content?
>
> If you don't mind can you please let me know where are you referring to understand the RULE meanings, will help me in future to understand the meanings :-)
>
> I'm referring to http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_3_x.html but there are no specifics.

I was looking at the rule files on my system.  This lets you see the
actual rule definitions (which may or may not help if you are not
familiar with Perl regular expressions).

On my system, I was doing this:

    $ cd /var/lib/spamassassin/3.003001
    $ grep -h FUZZY_CREDIT */*.cf
    body FUZZY_CREDIT       /<inter
W1>(?![ck]r[e\xe9]dit)<C><R><E><D><I><T>/i
    describe FUZZY_CREDIT   Attempt to obfuscate words in spam
    replace_rules FUZZY_CREDIT
    score FUZZY_CREDIT 1.699 1.413 0.601 1.678

The exact directory (3.003001) depends on your version of SA.

--
Bowie

RE: Mail Rejects high Score

On 10/11/2011 7:38 AM, Varghese, Daniel wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> One of the email gets rejected due to high spam score,  Following are
> the spam score details, Can someone in the group help me to understand
> the results?
>
> [BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1,
>         DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, FUZZY_CREDIT=1.678,
>         HK_RANDOM_ENVFROM=0.001, HTML_ATTACH=2.438,
>         HTML_COMMENT_SAVED_URL=1.391, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
> LOTS_OF_MONEY=0.01,
>         RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SARE_HTML_SINGLETS=1.666,
>         T_REMOTE_IMAGE=0.01]

FUZZY_CREDIT    The email has an obfuscated version of the word "credit"

HTML_ATTACH    This one is not a standard rule (at least not in 3.3.1).
It is probably looking for an HTML attachment with an incorrect mime-type.

HTML_COMMENT_SAVED_URL    The html in the email is saved from a web page

SARE_HTML_SINGLETS    This looks for single characters surrounded by
html tags.  This is part of one of the SARE rulesets.  These rules are
no longer updated and should not be used.

--
Bowie

Re: Mail Rejects high Score

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.