Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/22 17:27:55 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy problem with phpmyadmin

On Nov 22, 2007 5:03 PM, Til Obes <ti...@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a problem with mod_proxy. I want to redirect all
> requests to another apache running on localhost:8080.
> So the url https://s1.example.com/ will be proxied to
> http://localhost:8080/. But i have a problem with phpmyadmin
> running inside this vhost. I use cookie based authentification
> and when i hit OK after entering the credentials, something goes
> wrong. Firefox is displaying the url:
> https://s1.example.comphpmyadmin/index.php?lang=....
> Of course this doesnt exist. When i insert a / there, the site gets
> displayed and im logged in. I'm confused ....

This looks like a problem with PHPMyAdmin, not with apache. When you
log in to phpmyadmin it sends you a redirect. (Get the LiveHTTPHeaders
plugin for Firefox, this is a great help to debug such issues). The
redirect is what makes your browser's address bar change.

This redirect is incorrect.
You might try setting
$cfg[´PmaAbsoluteUri´] = ´https://https://s1.example.com/phpmyadmin/´
in your config.inc.php file....

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

[users@httpd] Re: mod_proxy problem with phpmyadmin

Posted by Til Obes <ti...@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de>.
Krist van Besien schrieb:
> This looks like a problem with PHPMyAdmin, not with apache. When you
> log in to phpmyadmin it sends you a redirect. (Get the LiveHTTPHeaders
> plugin for Firefox, this is a great help to debug such issues). The
> redirect is what makes your browser's address bar change.
>
> This redirect is incorrect.
> You might try setting
> $cfg[´PmaAbsoluteUri´] = ´https://https://s1.example.com/phpmyadmin/´
> in your config.inc.php file....

I knew that plugin and was already debugging with it.
It is definitly a phpmyadmin problem. Either you patch it or you
can set the env variable HTTPS to on.

Regards Til