Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ashokc <as...@qualcomm.com> on 2009/06/10 19:30:43 UTC

copyfield and 'store' and highlighting

Hi,
I copy 'field1' to 'field2' so that I can apply a different set of analyzers
& filters. Content wise, they are identical. 'field2' has to be stored
because it is used for high-lighting. Do I have to declare 'field1' also to
be stored? 'field1' is never returned in the response. Thanks. - ashok

Re: copyfield and 'store' and highlighting

Posted by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com>.
ashokc schrieb:

> Do I have to declare 'field1' also to be stored? 'field1' is never
> returned in the response.

I find the following Wiki page helpful when dealing with @stored,
@indexed and friends:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase

Michael Ludwig

Re: copyfield and 'store' and highlighting

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
ashokc wrote:
> Hi,
> I copy 'field1' to 'field2' so that I can apply a different set of analyzers
> & filters. Content wise, they are identical. 'field2' has to be stored
> because it is used for high-lighting. Do I have to declare 'field1' also to
> be stored? 'field1' is never returned in the response. Thanks. - ashok

No, you do not need to declare "field1" to be stored.

Koji