Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joshua Marinacci <jo...@marinacci.org> on 2011/11/18 15:51:19 UTC

Introduction

Hi. I'd like to introduce myself and ask a couple of questions.

I'm a developer evangelist for webOS and we often encourage developers to use PhoneGap to target webOS along with other devices. One of my colleagues, Dave Balmer, has contributed to the webOS port of PhoneGap.  I am also currently writing a book for O'Reilly on using GWT & PhoneGap to build mobile applications. The book is currently scheduled to be complete in mid-December with a release soon after.

So my questions are:

* Is there a planned release date for the first Apache version of PhoneGap?
* Is Callback the final name for the project or just a working name?
* Should I be encouraging readers to use Callback or stick with the latest released version of PhoneGap.com?

And long term, how can I help? PhoneGap is a really great project and I want to help in any way I can.

Thanks.
	Josh

Re: Introduction

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
Hi Joshua,

It sounds like you have a knack for writing. In the future (say in under 4
months), we'll be expanding docs.phonegap.com to include "Guides" and
"Tutorials." That's certainly a place where we will need help!

Michael

Re: Introduction

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.