Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/19 22:21:42 UTC

Logging in Solr.

I kind if remember hearing that Solr was using SLF4J for the logging, but
I haven't been able to find any information about it. And in that case where
do you set it to redirect to you log4j server for example?

Regards Erik

Re: Logging in Solr.

Posted by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks Ryan!

Re: Logging in Solr.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logging in Solr.

Posted by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help Ryan!
Using the start.jar with 1.3 and added the slf4j jar to the classpath. When
it comes to the setting up
of the log4j I wonder which method is better. To put the redirect to the log
server in the Jetty.xml file
or to put a log4j.properties file in the web library, and if it's even
possible to do both?

Regards Erik

Re: Logging in Solr.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
the trunk (solr-1.4-dev) is now using SLF4J

If you are using the packaged .war, the behavior should be identical
to 1.3 -- that is, it uses the java.util.logging implementation.

However, if you are using solr.jar, you select what logging framework
you actully want to use by including that connector in your
classpath.  For example, to use log4j you add slf4j-jdk14-1.5.5.jar to
your classpath, then everything will behave as though it were
configured using log4j.

See: http://www.slf4j.org/ for more info

ryan