Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Muthu pandi <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/11 06:53:04 UTC

PAM Authentication in Embedded Mode

Hello
        I am using drill in Linux operating system having 1.8 version of
drill and running in embedded mode
My question :- PAM Authentication is possible in embedded mode or not? If
yes then how. I have gone through drill official site document, but still
have confusion. Can anyone tell me Is it possible to configure PAM
Authentication in embedded mode.? AND How it work. Whether PAM provide
username and password while starting drill.?

Re: PAM Authentication in Embedded Mode

Posted by Chun Chang <cc...@maprtech.com>.
Have not tried myself (have tried cluster mode) but should work. Give the
following a try.

1. first install PAM lib module. For example, I have it installed at
/opt/pam

[root@node120 conf]# ls -l /opt/pam/
total 36
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 33015 Oct  4 16:24 libjpam.so

2. modify drill-env.sh and points to it

export DRILL_JAVA_OPTS="$DRILL_JAVA_OPTS
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=/opt/mapr/conf/mapr.login.conf
-Dzookeeper.sasl.client=false -Djava.library.path=/opt/pam"

3. modify drill-override.conf to enable authentication

  security.user.auth: {
    enabled: true,
    packages += "org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.user.security",
    impl: "pam",
    pam_profile: ["sudo", "login", "mapr-admin"]
  }

4. start drill in embedded mode

bin/drill-embedded -n username -p password

As I said, I have not tried it, but in theory, it should work. Let us know
how it goes.

-Chun