Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Marco Cadetg <ma...@zattoo.com> on 2011/09/29 10:42:06 UTC

ERROR 2056

Hello there,

I'm running pig 0.8 and hadoop-0.18.3.

I'm trying to run some pig job which fails with:
2011-09-29 08:25:31,473 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 2056: Cannot create exception from empty string.

I've noticed that this problem occurred since I've added another (data) node
to the hadoop cluster.
If I remove that node the problem disappears. I guess that this problem is
rather a hadoop issue than a pig issue. When running hadoop fsck /
it does say that HDFS is healthy... I've also made sure that the newly
created node doesn't contain any garbled data in the hadoop.tmp.dir.

Any ideas what I can do apart from that?

Thanks,
-Marco

Re: ERROR 2056

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
The error message says Pig gets an empty error report from hadoop.
Check JobtrackerUI to find details about this failure.