Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Suman Ghosh <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/23 19:53:10 UTC

Solr multicore admin JSP problem on tomcat

I have successfully setup a Solr multicore configuration on Apache Tomcat
5.5 (Solaris 9, JDK 5). I used the 4/21/2008 nightly build for this purpose.
At present, I have two cores defined. I can index and search documents on
both these cores using the java client.

I'm having a minor issue on the Admin interface and I think I might have
missed some configuration steps causing this error. Here is the description
of the error:

1. I use the following URL to successfully browse to the Admin interface of
one of the cores:

http://devbox:8080/solr/solrtest/admin/

2. On the resulting page, I click on the link [SCHEMA]

3. This results in a 404 error. The link to this page is
http://devbox:8080/solr/solrtest/admin/file/?file=schema.xml

4. If I change the link to
http://devbox:8080/solr/solrtest/admin/get-file.jsp?file=schema.xml, the
schema xml is displayed properly.

The same problem happens for the [CONFIG] link.

Can someone please advise me how to fix the issue?

Thanks
Suman

Re: Solr multicore admin JSP problem on tomcat

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: http://devbox:8080/solr/solrtest/admin/
:
: 2. On the resulting page, I click on the link [SCHEMA]
:
: 3. This results in a 404 error. The link to this page is
: http://devbox:8080/solr/solrtest/admin/file/?file=schema.xml

Hmmm... i'm guessing you are using solightly older solrconfig.xml files
(possibly configs that worked for you in Solr 1.2) and that they do not
contain a <requestHandler name="/admin/"/> or <requestHandler
name="/admin/file"/> declaration ... correct?

This isn't specific to multicore ...

: Can someone please advise me how to fix the issue?

the easy workarround is to add this to your solrconfig.xml...

  <requestHandler name="/admin/" class="org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers" />

...it adds handlers for all sorts of cool URLs under the hood (see the
example solrconfig.xml for more info)

-Hoss