Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Anyang Hu <hu...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/05 14:02:03 UTC

suggestion of FLINK-10868

Hi Peter&Till:

As commented in the issue
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10868#>,We have introduced the
FLINK-10868 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10868> patch
(mainly batch tasks) online, what do you think of the following two
suggestions:

1) Parameter control time interval. At present, the default time interval
of 1 min is used, which is too short for batch tasks;

2)Parameter Control When the failed Container number reaches
MAXIMUM_WORKERS_FAILURE_RATE and JM disconnects whether to perform
OnFatalError so that the batch tasks can exit as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Anyang

Re: suggestion of FLINK-10868

Posted by Peter Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anyang and Till,

I think we agreed on making the interval configurable in this case. Let me
revise the current PR. You can review it after that.

Best Regards
Peter Huang

Posted by Anyang Hu <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anyang Hu <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Anyang,

Posted by Peter Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

1) From Anyang's request, I think it is reasonable to use two parameters
for the rate as a batch job runs for a while. The failure rate in a small
interval is meaningless.
I think they need a failure count from the beginning as the failure
condition.

@Anyang Hu <hu...@gmail.com>
2) In the current implementation, the
MaximumFailedTaskManagerExceedingException is SuppressRestartsException. It
will exit immediately.

Best Regards
Peter Huang

Posted by Anyang Hu <hu...@gmail.com>.