Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by RobertH <ro...@abbacomm.net> on 2006/10/18 16:29:00 UTC

whitelist the sa list from learning?

Please pardon my missing it recently

If someone wants to whitelist a subscribed email list (specifically this
list) from being auto learned by SA what is the local.cf entry please?

Hehehhe I notice with so much talk of spam, things get canned a lot.  ;-)

Thanks... :-)

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications
   Computer & Internet Services

Re: whitelist the sa list from learning?

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 16:50, Matt Kettler took the opportunity to say:
> RobertH wrote:
> > Please pardon my missing it recently
> >
> > If someone wants to whitelist a subscribed email list (specifically this
> > list) from being auto learned by SA what is the local.cf entry please?
> >
> > Hehehhe I notice with so much talk of spam, things get canned a lot.  ;-)
>
> To quote and old post of mine:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200601.mbox/%3C
>43BC1252.5030307@evi-inc.com%3E -----------------------------
>
> If you can't do that then try these settings to disable bayes learning for
> this list:
>
> bayes_ignore_to users@spamassassin.apache.org
> bayes_ignore_to spamassassin-users@incubator.apache.org
> bayes_ignore_from *@spamassassin.apache.org

Too bad it not only turns off autolearning, but also bayes scoring. Or maybe
it isn't that bad?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

Re: whitelist the sa list from learning?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

-----------------------------

If you can't do that then try these settings to disable bayes learning for this
list:

bayes_ignore_to users@spamassassin.apache.org
bayes_ignore_to spamassassin-users@incubator.apache.org
bayes_ignore_from *@spamassassin.apache.org

And to whitelist it, I personally prefer SPF:

whitelist_from_spf *@spamassassin.apache.org

but if you don't use the SPF plugin you can use:

whitelist_from_rcvd *@spamassassin.apache.org apache.org

Assuming your trusted_networks is correctly configured.