Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Elton Kong <el...@apple.com> on 2007/06/06 22:37:48 UTC

Tomcat Administration HTTP Status 500 -

Hi,

I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem and could not figure out a
solution to it. Basically I have installed an instance of tomcat 4.1.31.
I have configured the tomcat-user.xml for an admin login and manager
login. The manager login works fine, but when I click the
administration, I get to a HTTP Status 500 page. It says that it is a
type Exception report and the description of this error is _The server
encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this
request._ I have read through multiple google threads on this and
haven't found one reason for this error. One thread did hypothesize that
it is due to using Jasper JSP but I'm not sure if this is the real
reason. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Please let me know,
thanks!

Elton

Re: Tomcat Administration HTTP Status 500 -

Posted by Elton Kong <el...@apple.com>.
David,

Yes, the admin folder is under the server/admin folder. I basically just
untarred it and that's where it was. I didn't change any of the files
but I did check to see if they were there and in the correct place.

Elton

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Elton Kong <el...@apple.com>.
Martin,

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)
----- Root Cause -----
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key