Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/13 00:48:34 UTC

NetBeans external binaries and sha1 hash values from Maven Central

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to compile NetBeans 9.0 with a more recent Eclipse
JGit library (the one currently bundled with
NetBeans is 3 years old!) but I'm having a hard time with the hash (sha1)
value that is used by the build system that's
downloading the artefact from the Maven Central repository! When I build
NetBeans it says that the hash value
that I put in the binaries-list file doesn't match the hash of the artefact
found on Maven Central, but I took the hash
value directly from the Maven Central repository so I expected it to be
correct:
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jgit/org.eclipse.jgit/4.11.0.201803080745-r/

So then I decided to download the Eclipse JGit source code from GitHub:
https://github.com/eclipse/jgit/releases/tag/v4.11.0.201803080745-r
compile it and generate the sha1sum myself. To my surprise the computed
checksum was equal to the one expected by NetBeans during the build process.

So I'm a bit puzzled! If the build script is downloading an external
dependency from Maven Central then the hash should
match the one found in this file:
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jgit/org.eclipse.jgit/4.11.0.201803080745-r/org.eclipse.jgit-4.11.0.201803080745-r.jar.sha1

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on this situation I would really
appreciate it!

Thanks,

Christian

Re: NetBeans external binaries and sha1 hash values from Maven Central

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
Maybe you should explain what exactly did you do and paste the exact error you get during the build.

It should be visible which file is getting downloaded and you could compare the hash yourself and see who's right or wrong.

--emi

Posted by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,

Well you asked me for 2 things:

1) The artifact that I'm trying to download from the Maven repository (and
this information was indeed in my original post)!

2) The hash value (and I told you that I didn't have the information with
me because I wasn't at home but that I was going to send it tonight)!

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you...

Christian

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi Christian,

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jgit/org.eclipse.jgit/4.11.0.201803080745-r/org.eclipse.jgit-4.11.0.201803080745-r.jar.asc.sha1

Posted by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
Please paste actual changes you made and actual error NetBeans build gave you.

--emi

Posted by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

You're right! I started over on a fresh VM (without a local Maven
installation) and it worked this time!

I guess I have a conflict on my current installation where I use Maven for
a lot of other projects!

I'll investigate more to find the culprit...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Christian

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, doing:

$ wget

Posted by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Bourque <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.
See if the downloaded jars actually match if you download it and compare it
to your local one  using shasum. If they don't match, unzip them and see
what's different.

-Tim

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 8:48 PM Christian Bourque <

--
http://timboudreau.com