Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> on 2020/10/20 13:48:52 UTC

Infra info for new podlings

Hi, all:

Infra has added an explainer about how it helps a podling get set up [1].

I thought you might want to add that to your packet of info for members of
new projects. In particular, this page [2] asks whether there is a setup
checklist, so perhaps someone could update that page to point to the new
one.

Thanks in advance!

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor

1. https://infra.apache.org/infra-incubator.html

2. https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/#podling_infrastructure_setup

Re: Infra info for new podlings

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this.

I have a couple of suggestions/questions.

(1) Since you show .asf.yaml there should be a short paragraph and a pointer to that documentation.

(2) Regarding LDAP do you think it’s worth discussing that it is usually maintained in whimsy?

(3) Is there a document that describes the ICLA to account creation process? Or should I ask the Secretary?

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.