Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Hoogendyk <ho...@bio.umass.edu> on 2008/03/13 21:19:55 UTC

sa-update doesn't do languages file?

OK, I didn't get any responses to the question I posted late yesterday
(hint, hint), but I'll give it a try with another question. I've just
gotten sa-update running. I'm grabbing the base set, sare, and sought.

My mail log is showing the following:

Mar 13 15:46:11 eclogite mimedefang-multiplexor[7518]: [ID 980602
mail.info] Slave 3 stderr: config: path
"/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/languages" is inaccessible: Permission
denied

(I'm running spamassassin out of mimedefang from sendmail)

I was thinking I had an issue with the ownership of the directory
structure, etc. But, on looking again, I realized there is no
"languages" file. If I look at my spamassassin source directory, I have
./rules/languages. But in /var/lib/spamassassin, there is no languages
file to be found anywhere. So, what caused this discrepency? And what
should I do about it? Just copy over the file from the source tree?

(Oh, and [yeah, I know, I said it already] it would be really cool if
someone could comment on the errors I posted yesterday 8-)
  http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=120536116127488&w=2 ).

TIA

---------------

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<ho...@bio.umass.edu>

---------------

Erdös 4

Re: sa-update doesn't do languages file?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 14/03/2008 2:47 PM, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> I note that if I look in /usr/local/share/spamassassin/, I find a
> languages file.

Yes, as Theo noted, that is where the languages file is supposed to be.
 It is currently not (and never has been) included in the updates --
there's not much point in spending the bandwidth/money to include a
100KB file that gets updated less frequently than we make entire releases.

> I had commented earlier that
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/ does not have a languages file. My
> understanding is that before I ever ran sa-update, spamassassin
> referenced the default rules installed in
> /usr/local/share/spamassassin/. After running sa-update, it pays
> attention instead to the rules that have been downloaded to
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/.

Yes, that's correct for actual rules.  The languages file does not
contain rules.  /usr/local/share/spamassassin is not completely ignored
when you use sa-update.

> That still leaves the question of whether everything is cool with
> respect to the languages file. Spamassassin was obviously looking there
> for that file and threw an error when it couldn't get there. Now that it
> can get there, it seems to see that there is no such file and does not
> complain. So, since it is obviously looking there, am I missing
> something? Or does it just fall back and use the default languages file?

Yes, it's fine.  It's working as intended.

Daryl

Re: sa-update doesn't do languages file?

Posted by Chris Hoogendyk <ho...@bio.umass.edu>.

Kris Deugau wrote:

>> So, the syslog report is an error that occurs in spamassassin code,
>> but it is called by mimedefang, passed back to mimedefang, and
>> reported by mimedefang.
>
> Hmm.  I've got a machine with SA3.2.4 and MIMEDefang;  it's not
> showing this error.  It's had sa-update run on it at irregular intervals.
>
> Are you using any SA options relating to languages?  I tried setting
> the same channels you're using on a test machine, and I don't get the
> errors you noted on running sa-update or the "languages" error you're
> seeing.

only

ok_locales        en

I note that if I look in /usr/local/share/spamassassin/, I find a
languages file. I had commented earlier that
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/ does not have a languages file. My
understanding is that before I ever ran sa-update, spamassassin
referenced the default rules installed in
/usr/local/share/spamassassin/. After running sa-update, it pays
attention instead to the rules that have been downloaded to
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/.

OK. I think I at least figured out why I was getting this error. In
setting things up and locking down permissions, I wasn't vigilant enough
looking back up the full path. So, while the pertinent files and
directories should have been accessible, the user spamassassin was
running as couldn't get down the path to them. That's fixed and a `tail
-f | grep 'ssass'` hasn't turned up any further errors in the last
couple of hours.

That still leaves the question of whether everything is cool with
respect to the languages file. Spamassassin was obviously looking there
for that file and threw an error when it couldn't get there. Now that it
can get there, it seems to see that there is no such file and does not
complain. So, since it is obviously looking there, am I missing
something? Or does it just fall back and use the default languages file?

As far as the errors that occurred when I first ran sa-update, I'm still
looking at that. I did run a sa-update with -D, and the errors didn't
occur again. I have a less important server that I first worked stuff
out on, so I am going to go to that server, remove all the stuff in
/var/lib/spamassassin, and run sa-update with a clean slate. Previously,
I had done that server in a more stepwise fashion, doing a bare naked
`sa-update` first to grab updates to the base rules, and then adding the
additional channels and running it with channelfile. Don't know if that
is what made the difference, but I'll see. I'm thinking something like
-- maybe the sare rules came in first, they got checked but referenced
base rules that weren't in /var/lib/spamassassin yet, and so threw the
errors. Then when I re-ran with -D all the files were there, so no
errors. I still have another, more important, server to do, which will
be the final test of the update procedures from beginning to end.

--
---------------

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<ho...@bio.umass.edu>

---------------

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
>>> Mar 13 15:46:11 eclogite mimedefang-multiplexor[7518]: [ID 980602
>>> mail.info] Slave 3 stderr: config: path
>>> "/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/languages" is inaccessible:
>>> Permission denied

> So, the syslog report is an error that occurs in spamassassin code, but
> it is called by mimedefang, passed back to mimedefang, and reported by
> mimedefang.

Hmm.  I've got a machine with SA3.2.4 and MIMEDefang;  it's not showing
this error.  It's had sa-update run on it at irregular intervals.

Are you using any SA options relating to languages?  I tried setting the
same channels you're using on a test machine, and I don't get the errors
you noted on running sa-update or the "languages" error you're seeing.

-kgd

Re: sa-update doesn't do languages file?

Posted by Chris Hoogendyk <ho...@bio.umass.edu>.

Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 04:19:55PM -0400, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
>
>> Mar 13 15:46:11 eclogite mimedefang-multiplexor[7518]: [ID 980602
>> mail.info] Slave 3 stderr: config: path
>> "/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/languages" is inaccessible: Permission
>> denied
>>

> What is that file, and what is using it?  It's not something that
> sa-update would put there, and so SA wouldn't be trying to use it.
>
> There is a "languages" file that goes in /usr/share/spamassassin (or wherever
> your default rules dir is), but /var/lib/spamassassin/<version> isn't it.  It
> seems like your install/mimedefang is thinking that the local state dir
> (/var/lib/spamassassin/<version>) is the default rules dir, which means your
> install/config is not setup correctly since that should never be true.

Well, I'm not sure what's up with it. That's the error that comes up.

I've been running spamassassin out of mimedefang from sendmail for a
couple of years. I've updated spamassassin a number of times over that
interval and am now running 3.2.4. However, I had never run sa-update
before. For some silly reason I had been hung up on the gpg install.
Anyway, recently, with the talk on the list about the sought rules, I
decided to take another look and realized that I didn't really need a
full gpg setup with all my own local keys and certificates and stuff. I
just needed the install so that sa-update could access it to
authenticate other sites. Bingo, got sa-update running.

So, previously, spamassassin had been running off the default base
rules. When I ran sa-update, I ended up creating /var/lib/spamassassin,
and sa-update populated it with all the rule sets. With no changes in my
running of spamassassin, it automatically recognized the existence of
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/. However, the error you see above began.
That error had never occured before. In fact, since I am running
spamassassin out of mimedefang with mimedefang multiplexor, I didn't
even restart things. New processes happen periodically as needed.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 04:19:55PM -0400, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> Mar 13 15:46:11 eclogite mimedefang-multiplexor[7518]: [ID 980602
> mail.info] Slave 3 stderr: config: path
> "/var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/languages" is inaccessible: Permission
> denied

What is that file, and what is using it?  It's not something that
sa-update would put there, and so SA wouldn't be trying to use it.

There is a "languages" file that goes in /usr/share/spamassassin (or wherever
your default rules dir is), but /var/lib/spamassassin/<version> isn't it.  It
seems like your install/mimedefang is thinking that the local state dir
(/var/lib/spamassassin/<version>) is the default rules dir, which means your
install/config is not setup correctly since that should never be true.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
It hurts to be on the cutting edge.

Re: sa-update doesn't do languages file?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 22/03/2008 11:17 AM, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> Arthur Dent wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 06:39:01PM -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>>> If either of you post complete debug output of sa-update (run it with
>>> -D) and the complete output of spamassassin --lint -D, preferably
>>> attached as text files to an email, I'll at least look at it.
>>>
>>> Copy me on the email so I don't miss it or forget.
>>>
>>> Daryl
>>>

>> Sorry for the delay. Busy end of term I'm afraid - but I'm on holiday
>> now!
>>
>> The problem with this is that I can't reproduce the error. I think
>> it's only
>> when the channelfile actually gets updated (last time was on Feb 14)
>> that this error will occur.
>
> I've not reproduced it yet either, but I haven't really focused on doing
> it either.

I have reproduced it.  It's an issue caused by the config loaded for
earlier channel linting re-appearing when additional channels are linted.

As it pertains to sa-update it is harmless.  At worst it *may* be
possible for a channel that doesn't pass a lint to sometimes cause later
channels to fail a lint test when they really shouldn't.

So, unless you're doing some weird things with the SA libraries yourself
sequentially) I wouldn't worry about it.

Daryl

Re: sa-update doesn't do languages file?

Posted by Chris Hoogendyk <ho...@bio.umass.edu>.

Arthur Dent wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 06:39:01PM -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

>>> [snip]

>>> Sorry to get your hopes up Chris. I just wanted to post to say that I
>>> reported exactly the same problem (see link) and I'm afraid I'm no nearer a
>>> solution either.
>>>
>>> I am watching your thread with interest. Good luck...
>>>
>>> My thread:
>>> http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=120299930232629&w=2
>>>
>> If either of you post complete debug output of sa-update (run it with
>> -D) and the complete output of spamassassin --lint -D, preferably
>> attached as text files to an email, I'll at least look at it.
>>
>> Copy me on the email so I don't miss it or forget.
>>
>> Daryl
>>

> Sorry for the delay. Busy end of term I'm afraid - but I'm on holiday
> now!
>
> The problem with this is that I can't reproduce the error. I think it's only
> when the channelfile actually gets updated (last time was on Feb 14)
> that this error will occur.

I've not reproduced it yet either, but I haven't really focused on doing
it either.

I just went through the whole setup and configuration of gpg and
sa-update with a channelfile on my busiest server yesterday, and it went
without a hitch. I believe I avoided the problem by doing a simple
sa-update first before doing the update with the channelfile. But that
may just be a bit of superstition.

Anyway, the last thing I will do before just shrugging and moving on, is
to go back to the first server, remove all the /var/lib/spamassassin
stuff, and then try to do the full sa-update with the channelfile.
That's the situation where the errors occured in the first place. I'll
do it with the -D option, and submit results if anything happens.

---------------

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<ho...@bio.umass.edu>

---------------

Posted by Arthur Dent <sa...@troodos.demon.co.uk>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 06:39:01PM -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> On 13/03/2008 5:15 PM, Arthur Dent wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 04:19:55PM -0400, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> >> OK, I didn't get any responses to the question I posted late yesterday
> >> (hint, hint), but I'll give it a try with another question.
> >>
> > [snip]
> >> (Oh, and [yeah, I know, I said it already] it would be really cool if
> >> someone could comment on the errors I posted yesterday 8-)
> >>  http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=120536116127488&w=2 ).
> >>
> > Sorry to get your hopes up Chris. I just wanted to post to say that I
> > reported exactly the same problem (see link) and I'm afraid I'm no nearer a
> > solution either.
> >
> > I am watching your thread with interest. Good luck...
> >
> > My thread:
> > http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=120299930232629&w=2
>
> If either of you post complete debug output of sa-update (run it with
> -D) and the complete output of spamassassin --lint -D, preferably
> attached as text files to an email, I'll at least look at it.
>
> Copy me on the email so I don't miss it or forget.
>
> Daryl

Sorry for the delay. Busy end of term I'm afraid - but I'm on holiday
now!

The problem with this is that I can't reproduce the error. I think it's only
when the channelfile actually gets updated (last time was on Feb 14)
that this error will occur. I attach below the output of

sa-update -D --channelfile /etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-channels.txt --gpgkey 856AA88A && /sbin/service spamassassin restart

which is the exact command (with the exception of the -D switch) run as
a cron job every night. As you can see it exits with status 1 (which I
guess it does each night). What caused the errors listed in my original
post (http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=120299930232629&w=2) I
have no idea. I guess we are due a channel update in the no too distant
future and I can see if it still errors then - or is there a way to
force it to behave as if there was an update?

SA seems to work just fine otherwise - should I worry about this?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated...

Mark

# sa-update -D --channelfile /etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-channels.txt --gpgkey 856AA88A && /sbin/service spamassassin restart
[461] dbg: logger: adding facilities: all
[461] dbg: logger: logging level is DBG
[461] dbg: generic: SpamAssassin version 3.2.4
[461] dbg: config: score set 0 chosen.
[461] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
[461] dbg: dns: Net::DNS version: 0.61
[461] dbg: generic: sa-update version svn607589
[461] dbg: generic: using update directory: /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004
[461] dbg: diag: perl platform: 5.008008 linux
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Digest::SHA1, version 2.11
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: HTML::Parser, version 3.56
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Net::DNS, version 0.61
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: MIME::Base64, version 3.07
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: DB_File, version 1.815
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Net::SMTP, version 2.29
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Mail::SPF ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Mail::SPF::Query ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: IP::Country::Fast ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Razor2::Client::Agent ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Net::Ident ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: IO::Socket::INET6, version 2.51
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: IO::Socket::SSL, version 1.02
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Compress::Zlib, version 2.005
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Time::HiRes, version 1.86
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Mail::DomainKeys ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Mail::DKIM ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: DBI, version 1.58
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Getopt::Long, version 2.35
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: LWP::UserAgent, version 2.036
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: HTTP::Date, version 1.47
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: Archive::Tar, version 1.34
[461] dbg: diag: module installed: IO::Zlib, version 1.07
[461] dbg: diag: module not installed: Encode::Detect ('require' failed)
[461] dbg: gpg: adding key id 856AA88A
[461] dbg: gpg: Searching for 'gpg'
[461] dbg: util: current PATH is: /usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/lib/ccache:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
[461] dbg: util: executable for gpg was found at /usr/bin/gpg
[461] dbg: gpg: found /usr/bin/gpg
[461] dbg: gpg: release trusted key id list: 5E541DC959CB8BAC7C78DFDC4056A61A5244EC45 26C900A46DD40CD5AD24F6D7DEE01987265FA05B 0C2B1D7175B852C64B3CDC716C55397824F434CE 856AA88A
[461] dbg: channel: reading in channelfile /etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-channels.txt
[461] dbg: channel: adding updates.spamassassin.org
[461] dbg: channel: adding 72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_html0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_header0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_adult.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 72_sare_bml_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_spoof.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_random.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_oem.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_genlsubj0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_obfu0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_stocks.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: adding 70_sare_specific.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel updates.spamassassin.org
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/updates_spamassassin_org
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/updates_spamassassin_org.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/updates_spamassassin_org.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 611820
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.updates.spamassassin.org => 611820, parsed as 611820
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 611820, new version is 611820, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/72_sare_redirect_post3_0_0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/72_sare_redirect_post3_0_0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/72_sare_redirect_post3_0_0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200605160300
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200605160300, parsed as 200605160300
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200605160300, new version is 200605160300, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200506020000
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200506020000, parsed as 200506020000
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200506020000, new version is 200506020000, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_html0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_html0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_html0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_html0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200606040500
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_html0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200606040500, parsed as 200606040500
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200606040500, new version is 200606040500, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_header0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_header0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_header0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_header0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200605212000
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_header0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200605212000, parsed as 200605212000
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200605212000, new version is 200605212000, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_adult.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_adult_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_adult_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_adult_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200705210700
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_adult.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200705210700, parsed as 200705210700
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200705210700, new version is 200705210700, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 72_sare_bml_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/72_sare_bml_post25x_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/72_sare_bml_post25x_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/72_sare_bml_post25x_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200705210700
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.72_sare_bml_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200705210700, parsed as 200705210700
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200705210700, new version is 200705210700, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/99_sare_fraud_post25x_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/99_sare_fraud_post25x_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/99_sare_fraud_post25x_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200506020000
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200506020000, parsed as 200506020000
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200506020000, new version is 200506020000, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_spoof.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_spoof_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_spoof_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_spoof_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200701151000
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_spoof.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200701151000, parsed as 200701151000
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200701151000, new version is 200701151000, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_random.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_random_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_random_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_random_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200512121000
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_random.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200512121000, parsed as 200512121000
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200512121000, new version is 200512121000, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_oem.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_oem_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_oem_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_oem_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200512271200
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_oem.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200512271200, parsed as 200512271200
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200512271200, new version is 200512271200, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_genlsubj0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_genlsubj0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_genlsubj0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_genlsubj0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200512270000
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_genlsubj0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200512270000, parsed as 200512270000
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200512270000, new version is 200512270000, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_obfu0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_obfu0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_obfu0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_obfu0_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200706041800
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_obfu0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200706041800, parsed as 200706041800
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200706041800, new version is 200706041800, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_stocks.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_stocks_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_stocks_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_stocks_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200708181200
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_stocks.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200708181200, parsed as 200708181200
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200708181200, new version is 200708181200, skipping channel
[461] dbg: channel: attempting channel 70_sare_specific.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[461] dbg: channel: update directory /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_specific_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net
[461] dbg: channel: channel cf file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_specific_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.cf
[461] dbg: channel: channel pre file /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/70_sare_specific_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_net.pre
[461] dbg: channel: metadata version = 200605280300
[461] dbg: dns: 4.2.3.70_sare_specific.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net => 200605280300, parsed as 200605280300
[461] dbg: channel: current version is 200605280300, new version is 200605280300, skipping channel
[461] dbg: diag: updates complete, exiting with code 1

Re: sa-update doesn't do languages file?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.

Posted by Arthur Dent <sa...@troodos.demon.co.uk>.