Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by samir_chouthai <sv...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/15 01:40:00 UTC

Question

Hi,

I have a question. I have 3 webservices - A, B and C. webservice C has an operation, called "someOperation".

webservices A and B act as client for webservice C and invoke "someOperation".

Is it possible in any way to distinguish between calls made by A and B ? Can webservice C know who has invoked the current operation ? I want to do some sort of accounting at C ... how many times A and B have invoked C.

Can i get the URL of A and B along with the soap request for someOperation ... further I want to do this as a plugin ... and thinking of Axis Handlers at the client side (i.e. when A and B are acting as clients ) where I will add a soap header telling who the invoker is .... but my problem is how does the client-side handler know if the request is generated by A or B ?

If there is any other way, please suggest.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Samir Chouthai.