Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Ed Yakabosky <ey...@linkedin.com.INVALID> on 2015/10/05 19:53:51 UTC

You're invited to an Apache Samza meetup hosted at LinkedIn on October 13 at 6PM

Hi all,

LinkedIn will be hosting an Apache Samza Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Samza-Meetup/events/225378902/> on Tuesday,
October 13 on our Sunnyvale campus (605 W Maude Ave
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/605+W+Maude+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94085/@37.3894347,-122.0277074,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb654bd7c5371:0xd7979b6b8171875f>,
Yosemite
conference room) at 6PM.  We encourage members of the open source community
to attend.

Here are the exciting topics for this month's meetup:

*Title:* Netflix Keystone Pipeline:
*Author:* Monal Daxini, Senior Software Engineer at Netflix
*Abstract: **Processing over 550 billion events per day with 8 million
events and 17GB per second peaks, and at-least once processing semantics.
We will explore in detail how we employ Samza, kafka, and Docker at scale
to implement this pipeline.*

*Title:* Performance Benchmarking for Samza
*Author:* Tao Feng, software engineer at LinkedIn
*Abstract: **We will present a performance study done for Samza at
LinkedIn.  We will first go over some useful metrics for performance
analysis, then talk about performance benchmarking results for different
Samza use cases.*

*Title:* New Features in Samza 0.10.0
*Author:* Navina Ramesh, Senior software engineer at LinkedIn
*Abstract: **We will present the new features and high-level design in
Samza 0.10.0 including broadcast stream, coordinator stream, and host
affinity.  We will answer questions at the end.*

*​*Please RSVP at meetup.com
<http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Samza-Meetup/events/225378902/> *​*if you
plan to attend so that we can make sure we have an ample amount of food and
beverage for everyone!

​Thanks,
Ed Yakabosky
Technical Program Management at LinkedIn​

Re: You're invited to an Apache Samza meetup hosted at LinkedIn on October 13 at 6PM

Posted by Ed Yakabosky <ey...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hi Renato,

We will post a live stream ~30-minutes before the meetup.  We will also
post a recording though there is a 48-hour delay for video processing.
Thank you for your interest and good question!

Ed

Posted by Navina Ramesh <nr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hi Renato,
We do have live streaming. We usually publish the streaming link around 30
minutes before the meetup. So, do watch out for that.

The recorded version of the meetup takes about 48 hours to become
available. We will share the recorded link as well.

Thanks!
Navina

--
Navina R.

Re: You're invited to an Apache Samza meetup hosted at LinkedIn on October 13 at 6PM

Posted by Kartik Paramasivam <kp...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Looks like we won't have a streaming option.  But we will surely
upload the videos and send a link on this mailing list.

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,