Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Satyajit Malugu <sa...@urbanspoon.com> on 2013/04/04 21:08:00 UTC

package R does not exist in android project

I am trying to build with maven our android existing project that has
been build with eclipse. I had to do a lot of changes and tinkering
around pom.xml files.
Project is dependent on other projects, so they have their own pom.xml
files.

I was able to individually compile these projects with their pom.xml's
but the master project I am getting this error:

    cannot find symbol: class R
    package R does not exist

I am using intellij12. The master pom.xml is given below.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
    <http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0>"
              xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
    <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>"
    <http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0>http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd
    <http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd>">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <artifactId> corp </artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <parent>
    <groupId>com.corp</groupId>
    <artifactId> corp-android</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>
    <repositories>
    <!--TODO remove absolute paths-->
    <repository>
    <id>libGoogleAnalyticsV2</id>
    <url>file:///Users/malugus/code/android/corp/libs/libGoogleAnalyticsV2.jar</url>
    </repository>
    <repository>
    <id>flurryagent</id>
    <url>file:///Users/malugus/code/android/corp/libs/FlurryAgent.jar</url>
    </repository>
    <repository>
    <id>beacon-utils</id>
    <url>file:///Users/malugus/code/android/corp/libs/beacon-utils-0.0.8.jar</url>
    </repository>
    </repositories>
    <dependencies>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.google.analytics</groupId>
    <artifactId>libGoogleAnalyticsV2</artifactId>
    <version>r2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.flurry.android.FlurryAgent</groupId>
    <artifactId>flurryagent</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>us.beacondigital.utils</groupId>
    <artifactId>beacon-utils</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.viewpagerindicator</groupId>
    <artifactId>library</artifactId>
    <version>2.4.1</version>
    <type>apklib</type>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.actionbarsherlock</groupId>
    <artifactId>actionbarsherlock</artifactId>
    <version>4.2.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.slidingmenu</groupId>
    <artifactId>slidingmenu</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.2</version>
    </dependency>

    </dependencies>

    <build>
    <finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>

    <plugins>
    <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
    <execution>
    <!-- use the copy resources instead of resources, which adds it to
                                 the eclipse buildpath -->
    <phase>initialize</phase>
    <goals>
    <goal>copy-resources</goal>
    </goals>
    <configuration>
    <outputDirectory>${project.basedir}/res</outputDirectory>
    <resources>
    <resource>
    <directory>${project.basedir}/src/templates/res</directory>
    <targetPath>${project.basedir}/res</targetPath>
    <filtering>true</filtering>
    </resource>
    </resources>
    </configuration>
    </execution>
    </executions>
    </plugin>
    <plugin>
    <groupId>com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2</groupId>
    <artifactId>android-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <extensions>true</extensions>
    <configuration>
    <manifest>
    <debuggable>true</debuggable>
    </manifest>
    </configuration>
    <executions>
    <execution>
    <id>manifestUpdate</id>
    <phase>process-resources</phase>
    <goals>
    <goal>manifest-update</goal>
    </goals>
    </execution>
    <execution>
    <id>alignApk</id>
    <phase>package</phase>
    <goals>
    <goal>zipalign</goal>
    </goals>
    </execution>
    </executions>
    </plugin>
    </plugins>
    </build>
    </project>

There are few things I want to mention about this I am only sure about
the dependencies part, the plugin part is something I pasted from other
sample projects and this is where I think the trouble is. Also ignore
the parent part I think it has no use for me.

Based on the error seems like project is not building in the correct
order, first it needs to build/compile R and then so on, right? Pointers
in right direction are appreciated.

-Satyajit