Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Craig S. Cottingham" <cr...@cottingham.net> on 2003/09/09 18:37:21 UTC

How to downgrade a plugin?

I'm trying to use the JBoss plugin in Beta 10; it appears to be a
snapshot version of 1.2. It also appears to be broken. jboss:start
doesn't work; a peek inside plugin.jelly shows that this goal is
implemented only for Windows (I'm running Linux).

The release announcement for the 1.1 version of the plugin (at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/src/plugins-build/jboss/announcements/1.1.ann?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
) indicates that "JBoss failed to start on unix. This has been fixed."
So, I'd like to downgrade my JBoss plugin to version 1.1. What's the
safest way to go about doing this, (a) making sure all references to
1.2-SNAPSHOT are changed and (b) ensuring that 1.2-SNAPSHOT doesn't get
downloaded and reinstalled the next time I run Maven?

--
Craig S. Cottingham
craig@cottingham.net