Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Deck <mi...@Valtech.com> on 2005/10/27 17:39:28 UTC

[m2] Deploying EJBs for WebSphere

Is anyone currently using maven2 to generate the deployment code for their ejbs for use on a WebSphere app server?  It appears that there is not yet a plugin for WebSphere in m2.  I tried to write my own, but am running into some problems with that.  I've gotten the ant task distributed by IBM to work using antrun if I hard code all of the paths and jar names, but this isn't a very clean way to do it and it's not very reusable.

My problem is that the wasEjbDeploy ant task requires me to give it an input jar and classpath and I can't figure out a way to pass in variables for these attributes within the antrun plugin configuration.  I've tried using the configuration below, but it doesn't seem to work.  Does anyone have an idea about how to properly configure this task?

<plugin>
 <executions>
  <execution>
   <phase>integration-test</phase>
   <configuration>
    <tasks>

     <taskdef name="wasEjbDeploy"
      classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.WsEjbDeploy"
      classpath="/opt/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/wsanttasks.jar" />

     <wasEjbDeploy
      inputJar="${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.jar"
      workingDirectory="${project.build.directory}/temp"
      outputJar="${project.build.directory}/was5/${project.build.finalName}.jar"
      washome="/opt/WebSphere/AppServer" />

    </tasks>
   </configuration>
   <goals>
    <goal>run</goal>
   </goals>
  </execution>
 </executions>
</plugin>

If anyone has a clean way to deploy ejbs for WS please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike