Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/12/04 21:06:34 UTC

Re: Over Zealous Checks for Nigerian 419 Scams

please feel free to pass on more FP samples for these rules -- so
far we clearly don't have enough, given those scores!

--j.

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:12:01 -0500 (EST), Rick Mallett
<rm...@ccs.carleton.ca> wrote:

>What's the proper way to submit material for the ham corpus?
>
>I've got the entire newsletter that resulted in the "Nigerian Scam"
>FP I reported but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to include it in
>the posting.
>
>Its only about 3 pages long but its got both a plain text and an HTML
>component and its about 50KB in size.
>
>- rick
>
>On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Justin Mason wrote:
>

>> please feel free to pass on more FP samples for these rules -- so
>> far we clearly don't have enough, given those scores!
>>
>> --j.
>>

>[deleted]

What's the method for submitting false negatives to that particular
corpus? I got 6 of em in one day last week - that's usually my entire
spam quotient for a month; that they came to my personal account added
insult to injury :-D

Keep doing what you do, it sure as hell makes my life easier.

Kind regards

Nigel

Re: Over Zealous Checks for Nigerian 419 Scams

Posted by Chris Purves <ch...@northfolk.ca>.
Rick Mallett wrote:
> What's the proper way to submit material for the ham corpus?

I have never done it myself, by I found this in the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UploadedCorpora

--
Chris

Re: Over Zealous Checks for Nigerian 419 Scams

Posted by Rick Mallett <rm...@ccs.carleton.ca>.
What's the proper way to submit material for the ham corpus?

I've got the entire newsletter that resulted in the "Nigerian Scam"
FP I reported but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to include it in
the posting.

Its only about 3 pages long but its got both a plain text and an HTML
component and its about 50KB in size.

- rick

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Justin Mason wrote:

> please feel free to pass on more FP samples for these rules -- so
> far we clearly don't have enough, given those scores!
>
> --j.

[deleted]