Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brendan Miller <ca...@catphive.net> on 2008/10/29 23:45:45 UTC

clearer output for junit task

I'm running junit unit tests from ant through the junit task. There
have been a few times where information will be printed to stdout, or
exceptions will be thrown, and it's difficult to determine which unit
test produced the output or exception. Is there any way to make ant's
junit task print something like "now runining testMyUnitTest()" before
it tries to execute each test, so it's clear where the output is
coming from?

Thanks,
Brendan

AW: clearer output for junit task

Posted by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de>.
1.If you use the task junit-report, it will create HTML, tells all about which test had an error or a failure and on the page of each Test there is a link to stdout and stderr. I guess this is what you want???

2.When I use the junit-task Í get the following output on my console:
 [junit] Testsuite: de.icongmbh.commons.MaskFormatterTest
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,688 sec
    [junit] Testsuite: de.icongmbh.commons.NumberUtilsTest
    [junit] Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,687 sec

--
Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121