Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Hemanth Yamijala <hy...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/09/05 14:40:11 UTC

Podling report September 2016 for review

Hi all,

All incubator projects are expected to submit a podling report once a quarter.

Here's the last report we submitted for reference: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2016

We need to update the current report on the wiki by September 7th.

Please review the content below and let me know if there's any feedback on the same.

Thanks

Hemanth

Atlas

Apache Atlas is a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance
services that enables enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their
compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with the complete
enterprise data ecosystem

Atlas has been incubating since 2015-05-05.

  1. Podling name search is pending.?

aware of?

  No specific issues at this time to report.

  1. ???We have added 4 new committers since the last report from different
      organizations. Around 15 new contributors were added since the last report.
      The current number of contributors is around 60.
  2. The activity on the atlas-dev mailing list stands at around 900 messages
       per month between June and August. [1]

  1. A major release, 0.7-incubating, was made in the month of July.
     This release added several new features to make Atlas enterprise
     ready including: Authentication and authorization support, High
     availability, deeper integrations with other Hadoop components
     including Hive, HDFS, Falcon etc., Entity versioning, support for
     rolling upgrade, support for creating business taxonomies, enhanced
     user interface, better performance etc.
  2. Work is proceeding in 0.8-incubating to stabilize many of these
      features and also add several strategic improvements including
      abstractions to the underlying graph database to make it easier
      to move to later versions, etc.
  3. A total of 302 issues were reported between June 1st 2016 and August 31st
     2016. 266 issues were resolved in the same time frame [2],[3]

Date of last release:

2016-07-09: 07-incubating [4]

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  1. The PPMC voted and elected 4 new members as committers to
       the project on 2016-07-05: Tom Beerbower, Keval Bhatt,  David
       Kantor and Darshan Kumar.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-atlas-dev/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-1149?jql=project%20%3D%20ATLAS%20AND%20created%20%3E%3D%202016-06-01%20AND%20created%20%3C%3D%202016-08-31
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-775?jql=project%20%3D%20ATLAS%20AND%20resolved%20%3E%3D%202016-06-01%20AND%20resolved%20%3C%3D%202016-08-31
[4]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201607.mbox/%3CCAAbv78fuzCv51E4Pn8fg7nwkJyOUQo9z2WNhsiz2EstbTvj1Gw@mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: Podling report September 2016 for review

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <hy...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks to everyone who reviewed and replied.

I've added the content at https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2016.

Thanks
Hemanth
Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@gmail.com>.