Posted to notifications@jakarta.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/10/05 03:15:31 UTC

[Jakarta-jmeter Wiki] Update of "JMeterRemoteTestingEnhancements" by Sean Ferguson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-jmeter Wiki" for change notification.

The "JMeterRemoteTestingEnhancements" page has been changed by Sean Ferguson.
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterRemoteTestingEnhancements?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

     *  Good thoughts - maybe a dialog box could provide a bunch of controls associated with starting a remote host - ie IP address, custom user-defined variables for that run, etc.
   *  Pass properties specified via jmeter -Jvariable=value through to remote servers. It took embarrassingly long for me to realize that if I pass -J properties on the command line and don't run with -r, the properties are set correctly for the local instance, but if I do pass -r, none of the remote servers see the property specified on the command line (they always get the default value). --ChrisNuzum 2006-10-18
      *  I also took a long time to resolve this issue... On the client, code -Jmygroup.threads=10 and -Gmygroup.threads=10. -G parameters get passed to the server. --Dave Bruce 2009-12-10
+  * Provide a simple way to make a counter work with multiple machines. A lot of use cases the only data that needs to be changed is the usernames and deploying a csv file and all is unnecessary and inconvenient. I've actually written a component that would do this, but the number of servers being used and an index in the list are required to do this properly. Should be very easy to do this when initializing engines. just define two more standard test variables in each engine as created (Sean Ferguson email at sean.d.ferguson@att.net)
  ----
  = RMI/Firewall issues =