Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2007/01/17 16:10:52 UTC

phoney habeas signature?

if this is phoney habeas, I propose a signature to detect it (the web
link does not exist!, isn't it phoney?)
(ymmv)

Accreditor: Habeas

Postfix, pcre: header_checks:
REJECT Forged Habeas

SA,  (local rules? local.cf?)

header FORGED_HABEAS_RPT X-Habeas-SWE-9  =~ m'http://www.habeas.com/report/`
describe FORGED_HABEAS_RPT  Forged to look like Habeas, 'report' site
doesn't exist
score FORGED_HABEAS_RPT 7

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security / www.secnap.com

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm)
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com

Re: phoney habeas signature?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:36:25AM -0500, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> > However, SWE is *DEAD*. Habeas does not support SWE  at ALL anymore.
> > They're now on a more Bonded-Sender like system.
> >
> so, that signature denotes someone who doesn't know this? and as such is
> a spam sign?

I guess it depends on how you define "spam sign".  I have 0 spam hits with
this in it, but still some ham which includes it.  So IMO, it's definitely
not a spam sign, and if you've only received one or two spams that tried using
it, I'd ignore it as not worth dealing with.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"When experiment and theory conflict, experiment wins."   - Tim Smith

Re: phoney habeas signature?

Posted by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net>.

Re: phoney habeas signature?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.