Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joe Trewin <jo...@canfactory.com> on 2005/09/07 12:14:54 UTC

Form listener control

Hi,

I have a form with a listener, and a submit component with it's own
listener.

Is there a way for the submit listener to prevent the form listener from
being executed? I'm thinking specifically of how desktop event systems
are usually implemented, so that event listeners can choose to pass
events further up the chain, or handle them themselves and prevent
further processing.

My reason for doing this is that I may have a custom component in a form
that has it's own submit button that needs to do something different
with the form data to whatever the form does.

Cheers,
Joe

Re: Form listener control

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry 3, no
Tapestry 4, I'm not sure.

Geoff

On 9/7/05, Joe Trewin <jo...@canfactory.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a form with a listener, and a submit component with it's own
> listener.
>
> Is there a way for the submit listener to prevent the form listener from
> being executed? I'm thinking specifically of how desktop event systems
> are usually implemented, so that event listeners can choose to pass
> events further up the chain, or handle them themselves and prevent
> further processing.
>
> My reason for doing this is that I may have a custom component in a form
> that has it's own submit button that needs to do something different
> with the form data to whatever the form does.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe

The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle: