Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kenneth Aung <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/25 21:54:22 UTC

SSL requests not forwarding to jk on Solaris x86

I have run into a strange problem.
I have installed apache 2.2.11 from source. Installed nTrust certs.
Everything works fine.
I also installed Tomcat 5.5.27. Tested by itself port 8080 etc. all works
fine.
Then, mod_jk compiled the latest 1.2.28 from source (no binaries available).
Set up workers.properties etc.
---
worker.list=worker1
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
---
httpd.conf
---
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties
JkShmFile     /usr/local/apache2/logs/mod_jk.shm
JkLogFile     /usr/local/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    info
jkMount  /* worker1
---
So, I am forwarding everything from Apache to Tomcat
http://<server>/ comes back with the usual Tomcat starter page
https://<server>/ comes back with Apache "It works!"
--
Perhaps, it's a config issue.
But, this worked fine with older versions of Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk on

Re: SSL requests not forwarding to jk on Solaris x86

Posted by Kenneth Aung <ke...@gmail.com>.
Chris
Thank you kind sir! You are a true gentlemen.
I changed jkMount to JkMount (caps J) for consistency. I usually catch
things like this, but not this time.

I do have SSL configs in a separate file http-ssl.conf file in conf/extra.
Since I kept changes to a minimum, it was, as delivered in separate virtual
host.

Then in httpd.conf, after reading the instructions, I added,

JkMountCopy All

It works like a charm!

Thanks again

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.