Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/12 01:12:28 UTC

retreat...

Team,

On my two earlier API proposals [1], I'm going to take
a step back on the first one about combining the
apps.Driver class into apps.Fop.  Joerg's thoughts
that the API wrapper/class and application
wrapper/class should be distinct is weighing on my
mind; in the future we may find it beneficial that we
have them separate.  Also, "Driver" has a long history
with our application that disturbing may not be
worthwhile.

The second issue I'm still unsure on, although I moved
FopPrintServlet from using XSLTInputHandler to JAXP.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=108942539604883&w=2

Re: retreat...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Glen Mazza wrote:
> On my two earlier API proposals [1], I'm going to take
> a step back on the first one about combining the
> apps.Driver class into apps.Fop.  Joerg's thoughts
> that the API wrapper/class and application
> wrapper/class should be distinct is weighing on my
> mind; in the future we may find it beneficial that we
> have them separate.  Also, "Driver" has a long history
> with our application that disturbing may not be
> worthwhile.

> The second issue I'm still unsure on, although I moved
> FopPrintServlet from using XSLTInputHandler to JAXP.

That's ok, now that JAXP is more or less ubiquitous. The
XSLTInputHandler predates JAXP by quite a bunch of months.

J.Pietschmann