Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Thakur <re...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/13 09:15:47 UTC

Error when running shutdown.sh

Hi everyone,

I get an error when I shut down my tomcat server:

./shutdown.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/jdk1.5.0
ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
["transport.c",L41]
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize,
TRANSPORT_INIT(510) ["debugInit.c",L497]
JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports
initializedFATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports
initialized, jvmtiError=JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113)

On top of my catalina.sh I have:

CATALINA_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8192,server=y,suspend=n
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.com.sun.faces=debug "

Earlier I didn't have those specific CATALINA_OPTS set and everything was fine.
I'm a newbie so any help will be appreciated.
Could anyone care to explain what this error message means and how I
can get rid of it?

Thanks,
David