Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mircea Hutanu <vo...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/22 12:38:46 UTC

sync remote subversion sites

Hi,

I read the mailing list about this problem but I'm not sure I
understand how to do it correctly.
I want to sync 2 svn, I have a master svn (named A) and I have access
to a second one where I can mirror the first one (named B). I want to
sync A to B svn's based on commits made on the first one. The svn's
are both accesible via http.
I read about svk too, I'm just wandering that's the best solution to
do that without headakes.
Thanks.

Re: sync remote subversion sites

Posted by Mircea Hutanu <vo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/22/06, Nick Thompson <ni...@agere.com> wrote:

> Assuming B is read only, a tool like rsync should be able to push the
> changes to the repository from A to B from a post-commit hook script.
>
> Also, you can try to be clever, and dump the new revision on A,
> transfer the dump to B and load it on B.
>
> rsync is likely to be easier and even continue to work if you reload
> repos on A when the revision numbers might change.
>
> Bi-directional syncs would also be possible, but much harder to figure
> out the issues (mastership transfer for one). SVK might then be a
> better bet.
>
> --
> > Nick Thompson

Thank you for your quick answer. The two svn's are remote. For the A
svn I have ssh access to the system, but for the B svn I have only svn
access. The problem I have to solve is to mirror A svn to B svn,
without damaging anything (commits and other stuff related).
I'm digging into svk, but I'm not sure I get the whole ideea with
mirroring. Any succes story related to remote mirroring with svk ?

Posted by Nick Thompson <ni...@agere.com>.