Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by wash pop <wa...@hotmail.com> on 2011/06/23 17:39:57 UTC

Limit ATS get requests

Hi All,

Hope someone can help.

I'm seeing the following using ATS 2.0.1 . Browser sends a single get request to ATS. ATS sends 2 get requests to original server if server is slow to respond.
Is there a variable i can set in the config to stop ATS sending more than one request. I'm using a slow/expensive backhaul link, the server does respond, but the multiple gets are adding overhead.

Thank you

Re: Limit ATS get requests

Posted by Jason Giedymin <ja...@gmail.com>.
There is also

Origin Server Connect Attempts

proxy.config.http.connect_attempts_max_retries

INT

and a crap ton more, check the records.config

Re: Limit ATS get requests

Posted by "Sandeep Kalidindi at PaGaLGuY.com" <sa...@pagalguy.com>.
Extremely sorry abt my earlier mail.

Was meant to mail someone else.

my apologize again.

Cheers,
Deepu.

Re: Limit ATS get requests

Posted by "Sandeep Kalidindi at PaGaLGuY.com" <sa...@pagalguy.com>.
Hi,

Re: Limit ATS get requests

Posted by Jason Giedymin <ja...@gmail.com>.
See: HTTP Connection Timeouts (secs)
http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/files.htm#records.config

snippet (and this is tiny bit)
proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_in

INT

10

Specifies how long Traffic Server keeps connections to clients open for a subsequent request after a transaction ends.

proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_out

INT

10

Specifies how long Traffic Server keeps connections to origin servers open for a subsequent transfer of data after a transaction ends.

proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_in

INT

120

Specifies how long Traffic Server keeps connections to clients open if a transaction stalls.

proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_out

INT

120

Specifies how long Traffic Server keeps connections to origin servers open if the transaction stalls.

proxy.config.http.transaction_active_timeout_in

INT

0

The maximum amount of time Traffic Server can remain connected to a client. If the transfer to the client is not complete before this timeout expires, then Traffic Server closes the connection.

The default value of 0 specifies that there is no timeout.

proxy.config.http.transaction_active_timeout_out

INT

0

The maximum amount of time Traffic Server waits for fulfillment of a connection request to an origin server. If Traffic Server does not complete the transfer to the origin server before this timeout expires, then Traffic Server terminates the connection request.

The default value of 0 specifies that there is no timeout.

proxy.config.http.accept_no_activity_timeout

INT

120

The timeout interval in seconds before Traffic Server closes a connection that has no activity.

Docs might be old tho, open up the config file :-)

Tons o settings

Re: Limit ATS get requests

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> I'm seeing the following using ATS 2.0.1 . Browser sends a single get
> request to ATS. ATS sends 2 get requests to original server if
> server is slow to respond.

Before going any further, I highly suggest you upgrade to the
current stable version 3.0.0

> Is there a variable i can set in the config to stop ATS sending more
> than one request. I'm using a slow/expensive backhaul link, the
> server does respond, but the multiple gets are adding overhead.
>
> Thank you

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org