Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Gay <dg...@emforium.com> on 2009/01/30 18:13:13 UTC

Avoiding restart when changing services.xml or simple method declarations

Hi all!  I'm spending a lot of time restarting OFBiz every time I add
or change a service specification in one of the services.xml files, or
modify an implementation of a simple method (in .xml files).  Does
anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid having to restart the
server, while still using XML files to specify things?  I'm thinking
that checking timestamps on the various XML files shouldn't be _that_
expensive...

--
Dave Gay
Software Developer

Re: Avoiding restart when changing services.xml or simple method declarations

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
you can simply use the Cache cleaning command.

https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindUtilCacheClearAll

-Bruno

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Have you tried clearing the caches?

-Adrian

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
I am receiving the following error when I try to do this (it doesn't seem to
clear the cache properly either):

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Problems
processing event: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException (null)

Re: Avoiding restart when changing services.xml or simple method declarations

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
With the default settings in cache.properties the simple-method files
should reload 10 seconds (ie cache clears automatically every 10
seconds).

It is not setup to do this with service definitions because currently
the way they are setup it would have to reload ALL service definitions
each time the cache is cleared and that takes a little bit of time.
So, for that one (like others have said) you have to clear it manually
in webtools.

-David