Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Mike Klein <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/10/30 04:20:12 UTC

[juddi-Users] Basic questions about juddi usage...

My happiness page seems fine...can get jdbc connection, etc.

1. Why when I access admin area does it simply show me the /juddi
homepage? Shouldn't something else be shown?

2. What are inquiry/publish urls to use with jUDDI when using the open
source browser or Sun's uddi browser? Are they standardized?

3. (Unrelated to juddi...extra credit question) Why do Tomcat JNDI
DataSources have to be defined in server.xml and not in web.xml? It
seems odd that I would have a data source defined only for /juddi
context and that I couldn't do this in the .war/web.xml for this web
application. For global datasources I would expect this behaviour, but
not for webapp/local ones...

I am finishing a soap project I've been working on and uddi is the last
step...

thanks in advance,

mike

RE: [juddi-Users] Basic questions about juddi usage...

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@try.sybase.com>.
1. Why when I access admin area does it simply show me the /juddi
homepage? Shouldn't something else be shown?

Administer jUDDI [disabled by default for security reasons]
Check your webapp(juddi) index.html -- by default it points to /admin which
is not there,

it is  http://host/webapp/inquiry   or http://host/webapp/publish

For example, http://localhost/juddi/inquiry  and
http://localhost/juddi/publish

3. (Unrelated to juddi...extra credit question) Why do Tomcat JNDI
DataSources have to be defined in server.xml and not in web.xml? It
seems odd that I would have a data source defined only for /juddi
context and that I couldn't do this in the .war/web.xml for this web
application. For global datasources I would expect this behaviour, but
not for webapp/local ones...

web.xml is not the place for defining resources, it is the place where you
reference
the resources defined in a server.

web.xml tells what is the name and what type of
Datasource it will work with, different servers implement the data sources
in different
ways and they need different parameters, so it is server specific.

Check the web.xml, you do have this,
  <resource-ref>
    <description>jUDDI DataSource</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/juddiDB</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>CONTAINER</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

regards,
-Anou