Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Igor Lozynskyi <lo...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/11 17:48:58 UTC

Performance degradation during query planning (vs Calcite 1.25)

Hi Calcite community!

Before the upcoming 1.27 release, in a downstream project, my team started the migration procedure. We had to accommodate our code for SARGs changes, but other than that, everything looks great. Out test suites are green, and everything works like a charm. However, when compared with 1.25, Calcite optimizes queries slower, especially queries with many Rels, especially with many JOINs.

Here, I described the essence of the issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4494.

Fortunately, the potential fix is trivial: https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2347.

I am ready to assign the issue to myself. And it would be great if the PR is reviewed and accepted (if no objections) before the 1.27 release.

Thanks!

Re: Performance degradation during query planning (vs Calcite 1.25)

Posted by JiaTao Tao <ta...@gmail.com>.
Well done, thanks Lgor.

Regards!

Aron Tao