Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2013/05/29 21:41:59 UTC

Prepping 4.1.0 promotion

Hey all,

the fifth round vote for 4.1.0 and it seems to be going well. If
successful the VOTE should end on Friday - so we should plan on doing
the announcement on either Monday or Tuesday next week. I'd suggest we
aim for Tuesday.

Note that we'll also be able to announce the line-up of talks for the
conference on Monday. Not sure if we want to combine announcements or
not. I'd probably opt for separate announcements, but with a plug for
the conference in the 4.1.0 announcement text as well.

Edited draft here:

https://gist.github.com/jzb/5673192

(Per conversation here: http://markmail.org/message/d4z2tnw75v7q2rhu)

I'd like to send out a media announcement on Friday, assuming a
successful VOTE, and start asking if anyone wants a briefing.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

RE: Prepping 4.1.0 promotion

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 on two announcements with a bit of cross-fertilisation

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 02:41:59PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,

> the fifth round vote for 4.1.0 and it seems to be going well. If
> successful the VOTE should end on Friday - so we should plan on doing
> the announcement on either Monday or Tuesday next week. I'd suggest we
> aim for Tuesday.

Let's do Tuesday for 4.1 (assuming I can close the vote out as a *passed*).

> Note that we'll also be able to announce the line-up of talks for the
> conference on Monday. Not sure if we want to combine announcements or
> not. I'd probably opt for separate announcements, but with a plug for
> the conference in the 4.1.0 announcement text as well.

+1 to 2 announcements.  Also +1 to adding a plug for the conference in
the 4.1.0 announcement.

> Edited draft here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/jzb/5673192
>
> (Per conversation here: http://markmail.org/message/d4z2tnw75v7q2rhu)
>
> I'd like to send out a media announcement on Friday, assuming a
> successful VOTE, and start asking if anyone wants a briefing.

+1, just wait for [VOTE][RESULTS] obviously. ;-)

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Prepping 4.1.0 promotion

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.