Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by John Gardner <jo...@salecycle.com> on 2020/01/17 08:19:16 UTC

Effective Monitoring of Rebalancing

Hi everyone

We've been using Ignite (actually GridGain) in AWS for a couple of years,
but in a very basic way.  Now we're in a position to use a lot more of the
functionality we need to start monitoring valid metrics more and
subsequently alert on issues.

We're trying to automate our processes as much as possible using CI and
CodeDeploy, but we really need to understand when the entire cluster is
rebalanced successfully, because only then can we trigger further
autonomous operations.

What tricks and techniques is everybody using for this?

Thanks in advance.

John

Re: Effective Monitoring of Rebalancing

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
John,

If it's still relevant for you, now you can monitor rebalancing progress
with a special widget of Control Center:
https://www.gridgain.com/docs/control-center/latest/monitoring/configuring-widgets#rebalance-widget

-
Denis

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I believe you can invoke VisorNodeDataCollectorJob and its friends via
REST's execute command, and it has rebalance status.

It's used in Visor CLI as well as GridGain's Web Console.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by John Gardner <jo...@salecycle.com>.