Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/27 09:11:02 UTC

Slack digest for #general - 2019-10-27

2019-10-26 14:09:39 UTC - Sean George: @Sean George has joined the channel
----
2019-10-26 14:13:12 UTC - mgorelikov: Hello, I need some help with Pulsar client.
I need to read the latest message from the topic when my application is initializing or at least synchronously read all current messages in the topic into array or something? Is it possible?
eyes : Retardust
----
2019-10-26 19:42:22 UTC - Sayeed Chowdhury: @Sayeed Chowdhury has joined the channel
----
2019-10-26 22:46:54 UTC - Stephen Baynham: Can I have different values for settings like `subscriptionExpirationTimeMinutes` in different namespaces?
----
2019-10-26 23:42:04 UTC - Matt Mitchell: @Matt Mitchell has joined the channel
----
2019-10-26 23:50:28 UTC - Matt Mitchell: I'm looking into Pulsar functions and trying to determine if it's possible to produce multiple outputs (streaming) for a single input? I see that the logger is able to do something like this, but I'm assuming the real output of the function is the return value. Use case is a typical "crawler" where the input is a directory (or web page w/links) and the results are additional files, but there can be many many output items, such that a single return value can lead to memory issues, hence the need to stream those out. Maybe Pulsar functions aren't the right approach for this?
----
2019-10-26 23:52:37 UTC - Jerry Peng: @Matt Mitchell producing many outputs from a function is a valid workflow for Pulsar Functions.  Here is an example:

<https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/master/pulsar-functions/java-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pulsar/functions/api/examples/PublishFunction.java>
----
2019-10-26 23:53:49 UTC - Matt Mitchell: @Jerry Peng Thanks for that - exactly what I was looking for!
----
2019-10-26 23:54:13 UTC - Jerry Peng: :+1:
----