Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Lily Wei <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/05 02:09:23 UTC

buddy testing for JDBC 4.1

Hi There:

    I am interested to do buddy testing for JDBC 4.1 for the 10.8 release
candidate.

In order to do this, I am assuming I need to have JDBC 4.1 spec or spec that
relate to

what Derby implement for 10.8 release. On top of that, I think I need to get
an OpenJDK 7 binary distribution for Windows 7? Where can I get that?

Thanks,

Lily

Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Lily Wei <li...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi There:
>
> I am interested to do buddy testing for JDBC 4.1 for the 10.8
> release candidate.
>
> In order to do this, I am assuming I need to have JDBC 4.1 spec or
> spec that relate to what Derby implement for 10.8 release. On top of
> that, I think I need to get an OpenJDK 7 binary distribution for
> Windows 7? Where can I get that?

Hi Lily,

Thanks for volunteering to test these changes.

Binary snapshots of JDK 7 for Windows can be downloaded from
http://jdk7.java.net/. There's also a link to the latest javadocs, which
is where the new methods are described.

The document JDBC_4.1_Changes.html attached to DERBY-4869 lists the
methods that have been added or whose description has changed (based on
the report from a tool that extracts javadoc differences), and how the
changes affect Derby.

--
Knut Anders

Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com>.
Den 14.03.2011 19:25, skrev Lily Wei:

> Hi:
>
>     I have a question about JDBC 4.1
> CallableStatement.getObject(String.Classas).
>
> Does this already implement for
> org.apache.derby.client.am.CallableStatement40?
>
> I was testing against CallableStatement40.getObject(string colName,
> Date.class)
>
> and get an exception: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: JDBC
> method is not yet implemented.

Hi Lily,

This is as expected, see http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JDBCSupport :
Derby does not support named parameters for CallableStatement.

I don't know if there already is a JIRA tracking this or not.

Kristian

Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1

Posted by Lily Wei <li...@yahoo.com>.
Hi:

________________________________

Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 3/4/2011 5:09 PM, Lily Wei wrote:

> Hi There:
>
>     I am interested to do buddy testing for JDBC 4.1 for the 10.8
> release candidate.
>
> In order to do this, I am assuming I need to have JDBC 4.1 spec or
> spec that relate to
>
> what Derby implement for 10.8 release. On top of that, I think I need
> to get an OpenJDK 7 binary distribution for Windows 7? Where can I get
> that?

Thank you LIly for volunteering to buddy test JDBC 4.1.   I  Think it is
very important to have this buddy tested. This this the first time I can
remember where I personally could not access the JDBC spec and
corresponding JDK for a new feature, so am most thankful if you are able
to.  I hope that another member of the community can give you
information on how access the spec and binary JDK for Windows 7.

As you do your testing, I would like to ask you to be careful not to cut
and paste javadoc or code from the OpenJDK codeline or the TCK to the
Derby development list to make sure we don't risk any code contamination
here.

Thanks

Kathey