Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eva Bowman <eb...@globalera.com> on 2009/07/22 23:45:57 UTC

Error when clicking on shipment id from Sales Order

Hello all,

I get the error below when I click on the shipment id link from Sales Order.
Is this a bug?

org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/facility/ShipmentScreens.xml#ViewShipment]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running Groovy script at
location
[component://product/webapp/facility/WEB-INF/actions/shipment/EditShipmentRouteSegments.groovy]
(SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT SVC.STATUS_ID,
SVC.STATUS_ID_TO, SVC.CONDITION_EXPRESSION, SVC.TRANSITION_NAME,
SI.STATUS_TYPE_ID, SI.STATUS_CODE, SI.SEQUENCE_ID, SI.DESCRIPTION FROM
dbo.STATUS_VALID_CHANGE SVC INNER JOIN dbo.STATUS_ITEM SI ON
SVC.STATUS_ID_TO = SI.STATUS_ID WHERE (SVC.STATUS_ID = ?) ORDER BY
SI.SEQUENCE_ID ASC, SI.SEQUENCE_ID ASC (A column has been specified more
than once in the order by list. Columns in the order by list must be
unique.)) (Error running Groovy script at location

Re: Error when clicking on shipment id from Sales Order

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Eva

Yes it is a bug although not reproducible OOTB because derby doesn't
complain about order by items not being unique.  The problem occurs
because the view entity is adding sequenceId to the order by list and
then the actual delegator call also passes in the same order by,
causing the duplication.

Three possible solutions:
1. Remove the order by from the view entity
2. Remove the order by from any code querying the view entity (there
are quite a few)
3. Enhance the OrderByList class to throw out any duplicate
OrderByItem objects

I'm thinking 2 and 3 combined is probably the best solution.  If you
have time could please create a jira issue for the bug?

Many thanks
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com