Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2002/09/25 02:04:56 UTC

Apache 2.0.42 Released

Hi,

It's finally out the door! :)
I'd hereby like to thank everyone who helped out,
gave feedback, was generally supportive, etc.

Thanks a lot,

Sander

Re: Apache 2.0.42 Released

Posted by hiroyuki hanai <ha...@imgsrc.co.jp>.
Cliff wrote:
> I don't know what page you're looking at, but the URL you referenced looks
> correct to me.  Are you sure you refreshed and aren't looking at a cached
> copy of the page?

Oooooooooooops! I'm very sorry.
I'm sure that I've refreshed my browser just before I sent
the email to confirm my odd feeling. However, I can view the
updated page now after removing all cache and refreshing again.
I guess I've just mistaken.

Sorry Sander and everyone...

hiro hanai

Re: Apache 2.0.42 Released

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, hiroyuki hanai wrote:

> I now only find httpd-2.0.42-alpha-* stuff on
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/>.
> Is it ok that the name of the tarball of GA release
> includes the string `alpha'?
> Also, I can read that the best available version is still 2.0.42
> from the page.

I don't know what page you're looking at, but the URL you referenced looks
correct to me.  Are you sure you refreshed and aren't looking at a cached
copy of the page?

--Cliff

Re: Apache 2.0.42 Released

Posted by hiroyuki hanai <ha...@imgsrc.co.jp>.
Sander wrote:

> It's finally out the door! :)
> I'd hereby like to thank everyone who helped out,
> gave feedback, was generally supportive, etc.

I much appreciate the work that Sander has been done but
please let me point out a few things that I feel a little
bit odd.

I now only find httpd-2.0.42-alpha-* stuff on
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/>.
Is it ok that the name of the tarball of GA release
includes the string `alpha'?
Also, I can read that the best available version is still 2.0.42
from the page.

cheers,

hiro hanai

Re: Apache 2.0.42 Released

Posted by Erik Parker <ep...@noella.mindsec.com>.
Just an fyi, 2.0.42 compiles perfectly on Solaris 8 x86, with last nights php4
from cvs.. Works without issue.

(I originally sent this directly to Sander, as to not waste bandwidth, but it
was suggested to send it to everyone :P)

---
Erik Parker
---