Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2014/01/30 00:21:19 UTC

Who will be at ApacheCon NA ?

Hi guys,

I wonder if some of you plan to be at Apache NA ?

If so, did you plan to submit a talk about Falcon ?
I would like to submit a talk about Falcon CDC using ActiveMQ, Camel,
and Karaf.

WDYT ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Who will be at ApacheCon NA ?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK, it sounds good.

Would you accept me with you ?

Regards
JB

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
I'm submitting Falcon Overview.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Hi Srikanth,
>
> I have two proposals in mind:
>
> 1/ Introduction to Falcon
> What's the purpose of Falcon and the different features provided.
> Falcon architecture: usage of oozie, ActiveMQ
> What's entities: cluster, feeds, process
> Use cases: replication, retention
> Basically, it's an overview about the current features.
>
> 2/ Introduction to Falcon CDC and usage with Camel
> It's a new feature on which I'm working on currently.
> The purpose is to provide a Change Data Capture (for now only on HDFS).
> I created a Jira to quickly described what I propose:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-267
>
> I'm working on a branch. My purpose is not to bore you with that before I
> don't have anything to show ;)
> So, I'm preparing a patch with documentation/demo.
> Like this, we can discuss all together about this feature.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 01/30/2014 03:00 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan wrote:
>
>> I dont have plans to goto the conf. Can you elaborate on the topic that
>> you intend to speak on ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 00:21:19 +0100
>>> From: jb@nanthrax.net
>>> To: dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org
>>> Subject: Who will be at ApacheCon NA ?
>>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I wonder if some of you plan to be at Apache NA ?
>>>
>>> If so, did you plan to submit a talk about Falcon ?
>>> I would like to submit a talk about Falcon CDC using ActiveMQ, Camel,
>>> and Karaf.
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Venkatesh

"Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Re: Who will be at ApacheCon NA ?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Srikanth,