Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/12 02:07:29 UTC

[FRIDAY] Was: Re: OT: JCL?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:46:25 -0800 (PST), David Graham
<gr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Vic <vi...@friendvu.com> wrote:
>
> > Craig McClanahan wrote:
> >
> > >... I'd just switch
> > >to JDK 1.4 logging and be done with an external dependency
> > >
> > Resin switched to JDK logging a long time ago. ( I tried, but could not
> > figure out how to work it ).
> >
> > <ducks
> > Same goes for Oro... just use JDK reg exp.
>
> That's the plan for Commons Validator 2.0.
>
> I tried to use Java 1.4 logging instead of Log4J but I couldn't find any
> way to send certain class' output to certain files without writing any
> code.  Sending everything to one file doesn't work for me so I just stuck
> with Log4J.

Wonder how much anguish I could cause by proposing to add a JCL class
that uses an XML file to configure JDK's loggers more intelligently
... perhaps even mapping a Log4J configuration file into corresponing
concepts where possible :-)

<hides-behind-Vic/>

> David

Craig